The Mainstay Foundation will be organising the fourth annual Najaf Retreat in December, 2018. The retreat aims to take a select group of active brothers aged 18-25 to the Holy City of Najaf in which they will embark on an uplifting educational and spiritual journey for 10-14 days. Participants will meet and benefit from renowned scholars in the Islamic Seminary as well as visit the Holy Shrines in Najaf, Karbala, and Kathmiya. The Najaf Retreat is an excellent opportunity for young leaders in our communities to be exposed to the rich Islamic heritage in Iraq by visiting the Holy Shrines and connecting with scholars in the Islamic Seminary in Najaf.
- Eligibility: Open for 10 brothers who are 18-25 years old, complete the application, have a valid passport, and are selected by reviewers.
- Duration: Approximately 14 days including travel time. The exact duration will be released closer to the time.
- Dates: December 18nd – January 4th (Tentative based on University’s holidays).
- Cost: The cost of the trip is subsidised by The Mainstay Foundation.
- Fees: £350 Non-refundable deposit.
The deadline for the application is Tuesday, September 18th, 2018. Individuals will be notified by the foundation of their applications’s success following the deadline date.
In order to be considered for Najaf Retreat 2018, kindly fill in the application form below.